Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I have a ton of resolutions and I have put them into three different categories; physical, spiritual, and other. I can honestly say that I will probably not get all of these goals accomplished this year but I am setting a goal to do as many as I can (at least 2 in each category). I know I'm being a pessimist but I also don't want to overwhelm myself with a ton of resolutions. So here are what in my dream world I would like to accomplish in 2012 and how I plan on accomplishing some of them! Who knows I might actually get them all done!

*means they are on the top of my list
Spiritual Goals:
1. Read and study the scriptures daily for at least 15 minutes if not longer*
2. Pray sincerely every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed* (I'm pretty good about my evening prayers...not so much my morning prayers and not necessarily sencere)
3. Finish reading the Book of Mormon by my birthday***
4. Keep a scripture journal where I can write down all of the things that I get out of the scriptures

Physical Goals:
1. Eat wayyyy healthier!*
2. Exercise for at least 40 minutes every other day*
    -Start with easy exercises and slowly increase the level of difficuty
3. By the end of the year be able to run 5 miles straight
    -Start by running a little ways and every day increasing that amount.
    -If I can run 5 miles I plan on continuing with this until I can run 8, 10, etc.
4. Be more active
    -Walk the dog everyday
    -Engage in other things besides watching tv and reading

Other:
1. Figure out what I am doing schoolwise and make a plan*
    -Research schools and programs
    -Apply to schools
2. Be a better me*********
    -Be a better person
    -Be the person I want to be
    -Work on being the person I want to be
    -"Fake it until you make it"
3. Help my mom out more around the house without her yelling at me
4. Serve others more frequently**
5. Make five new friends*
    -Be more social
    -Engage in conversation
    -Introduce myself to people I don't know
6. Journal
7. Blog more often
8. Learn one new fun song and one new church song on the piano*
9. Record what books I read
10. Keep a positive outlook in all things

I really want to be 2012 to be a year where I can truly find myself spiritually and mentally. I also want to stop hating the person I am and start being the person I want to be, both mentally and physically. Hopefully these resolutions will be steps to obtaining that ultimate goal. I want 2012 to be a great year. I don't want to look back and regret anything this year. I hope this year can be a year of growing and progressing to a better place. I am officially on the road to a better me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment