Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm making skirts!

 Lately I've been realizing that I only really where two skirts to church and one dress. Since I don't have any money to buy new skirts I decided that I would look through my mom's fabric and see what I could make from it. I found some awesome fabricss that I think are going to make super cute skirts. I made one on Saturday and it came out awesome! I love it and it only took me a little over an hour to do. I don't have any pictures right now but when I do I'll post them on here. I'm planning on making a few more skirts this week and I'll post pictures of all of them and where I got the idea from when I get them done. Maybe I'll even post a tutorial...


This is the skirt I made on Sunday. It took about an hour and half to make 

A close up of the details on the skirt. This skirt was way easy to make! 




I made this skirt today. I can't decide if I like or not. I'm thinking abut adding something to the bottom....
The tutorial for both of these skirts can be found here. I used this pattern and just made into an adult size. The first skirt I didn't bunch up the fabric as much as they do.

Hopefully sometime soon I can make this skirt. I have to find the right fabric for this one.

I also bought a pencil skirt pattern so I'm hoping that sometime soon I will figure out how to make that. I also need the fabric for this one. My goal is to make something about once a month. It doesnt have to be a skirt just something.

No comments:

Post a Comment